Swimming in world famous Sakarun bay
Sakarun is one of the most famous beaches in Zadar County, located on the northwest coast of the island.
Near the beach are the places Veli Rat, Veruni, Soline and Božava. The beach gained its reputation with the whiteness of the sand and clean sea, surrounded by pine trees that provide a welcome shade in the summer. It is about 800 meters long and at some 250 meters from the shore it is 3.5 meters deep.
Quite possibly the nicest swim course I've ever been to. Andrej Vištica, Croatian Triathlon Champion
Swimming – 1900m
· Average sea temperature on 22°-24°-C.
· Wet suits will not be permitted if water temperature exceeds 22 degrees
· 3 clockwise loops
· competitors will head to the first yellow buoy and turn right
· turning buoys must be kept on the right
· referees and rescue in kayaks and motor boats
· time limit: 1:15 h from the start.
· competitors who did not arrive within the time limit will be disqualified (DSQ), they can continue race entirely on their own risk!